03/05/2009

Rafal Milach

Rafal Milach holds an MA in fine art from the Academy of Fine Arts in Katowice, and a BA in photography from the Institute for Creative Photography, Czech Republic. He is a regular contributor to Polish magazines such as Przekroj and Newsweek Poland. His international publication credits include Die Zeit, Le Monde Economie, Newsweek and The Guardian Weekend Magazine. His work has been exhibited in Poland, Austria, Spain, Germany, and Japan. Rafal participated in the World Press Photo Joop Swart Master Class in 2007 and is represented by Anzenberger Agency.

About the Photograph:

“I shot this picture of 28 year old Denis in his bed in Moscow. His main occupation is doing nothing. He used to work a lot as a young boy traveling all round Russia and Eastern Europe with her mother. He comes from Kazakhstan but has lived in Moscow since he was 11. He misses the Soviet times when people where closer one to another. Today everybody runs like crazy.” On a technical note Rafal remarked “I try to shoot all my personal projects on film because it makes me calmer. I shoot digitally for my daily commercial and editorial work so when I have chance to shoot on film I do it with the greatest pleasure. Its another way of concentration and thinking. At least in my case. You have to think very carefully what you want to shoot if you have only 10 frames on film.”

1 comentário:

Roxana disse...

j'aimerais que quelqu'un fasse la meme chose pour la Mer Noire roumaine...